When you’re working in retail or ecommerce, finding and looking after your customers is your number one priority. So it’s frustrating when outdated systems make that difficult. With the right technology from Xero app partners, you’ll have up-to-date information about your business to hand. That makes it much easier to check how your retail outlets and ecommerce sites are doing. Here are seven tips which we think will make a difference.
- Selecting a card reader? iZettle, Square and Sumup can all work alongside Xero in different ways. There’s lots to consider, but here’s a great review from Mobile Transaction.
- Selling on Amazon? It can be a challenging getting your sales data into your accounts. You’ll find a range of apps in the Xero App Marketplace which will automatically bring in sales data for you.
- Working with eBay or Etsy? It was no surprise that Xero recently acquired the ‘document collection’ app, HubDoc, as the firm boasts a huge list of sources it can pull data from. From retailing and ecommerce perspective, it can help import your eBay and Etsy data into Xero.
- Selling on a smaller third party platform? We can develop a simple export / import process for you to make sure that your accounts are up-to-date.
- Need your own ecommerce store? The Xero App Marketplace includes the leading Shopify app, which will integrate with Xero, either via their own connection, or using an app like HubDoc.
- Need an inventory management system? If you’ll have a lot of stock to keep track of, check out Vend, Unleashed or Dear.
- What to do with your supplier invoices? There is no longer any need to manually enter the details into your accounts system. With ReceiptBank, simply forward your supplier’s email, or take a photo of paper receipts with the app.
Most of our retail and ecommerce clients do business in a number of ways. Single channel retailing looks like a thing of the past. Our clients work from their shops, pop-up shops and events, their own website and third party platforms. They do this to develop a presence, a brand, and to reach a wider range of customers. However multi-channel sales make it more challenging behind the scenes. Our bookkeeping and accounts team help ensure that our clients have a clear picture of how each part of their business are performing, whatever their set-up.
We’re delighted that as a practice we’re also recognised as a Xero Retail and eCommerce specialist.